Take up studies in Canada. The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022-23 are now accepting applications in Canada. The Canadian Government Scholarships 2023 are available to national and international students from all parts of the world. In Canada, there are more than 166 Fully Funded Scholarships available to students who wish to study there. This Vanier Canada Scholarship program is for those who are interested in studying for a Master’s degree that will lead to a PhD or PhD Degree. This scholarship is considered to be the most competitive scholarship and requires an excellent academic background to qualify.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022-2023
The Canadian Government offers a variety of scholarships to the top Canadian universities. The Government of Canada provides this scholarship as one of the most prestigious and best in the world. This is an exceptional opportunity, so do not miss it. All expenses for studying in Canada will be covered by the Vanier Scholarship.
Applicants for the Vanier Scholarships of the Canadian Government can apply at any time if they are interested in pursuing doctoral studies at a top Canadian university. During doctoral studies, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is worth $50,000 per year for three years. The purpose of this program is to attract and retain world-class doctoral students who display both leadership skills as well as the ability to demonstrate high levels of scholarly excellence in graduate studies in the natural sciences and/or engineering, social sciences and humanities, or health sciences.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program was introduced by the Government of Canada in 2008 as a means of enhancing Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establishing Canada as a global center for excellence in research and higher education. The Vanier Scholars are known for their leadership qualities and high standards of scholarly achievement in graduate studies within the natural sciences or engineering, social sciences or humanities, or health disciplines. Scholarships are available for doctoral degrees (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD). More information about Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023 in Canada is available below.
- Country: Canada
- Institutions: Canadian institution with a quota to host Vanier scholars
- Degree Level: Masters leading to PhD, PhD
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible nationality: Domestic & International
- Program Period: 3 years
- Deadline: November 1st, 2022
Financial Benefits of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023
During doctoral studies, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year for three years. The funds provided are sufficient to cover all expenses until the completion of the degree program.
Read About: Edith Cowan University Scholarships 2023 in Australia
List of Available Research Topics
The topics of research for the successful candidates under the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023 are as follows:
- Natural sciences and/or engineering research
- Social sciences and humanities research
- Health research
List of Universities for Scholarship
The Canadian Graduate Scholarship Program offers scholarships to more than 50 of the world’s best universities. You can check complete list through official website.
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship:
- Required Language: English is the required language
- Eligible Countries: Applicants must be permanent residents of Canada, Canadian citizens, or foreign citizens
- Applicants should be pursuing their first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research programs such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD, if there is a demonstrated and significant research component). Funding is available only for the PhD portion of a combined degree;
- By May 1, 2023, you shouldn’t have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies
- There should be only one Canadian institution nominating you, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota
- There is a requirement that you intend to pursue full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the institution which nominated you. Please note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree can receive funding.
- To pursue or complete a doctoral degree, you must not hold a doctoral fellowship or scholarship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC.
- Your institution will determine whether you have achieved a first-class average in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. The candidates are advised to contact the institution in order to determine what constitutes a first-class average.
How To Apply
- The first step should be to verify your eligibility for a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship, and then apply to a university listed on the Vanier Scholarship Universities list.
- The next step would be to contact the faculty of graduate studies and inform them of your interest in the Vanier Scholarship.
- You should create a Canadian Common CV (CVV) and link it to the ResearchNet.
- Start your ResearchNet application and fill out the application based on your research interests.
- To apply, please visit the Official Website of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2023 in Canada.
Last Date To Apply
The last date to apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023 in Canada is November 1st, 2022. The results of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship will be announced in early April 2023.