Tags are an important tool in organizing and categorizing your WordPress posts. They help readers find related content and improve the overall user experience on your website. In this article, we will guide you on how to effectively use tags in your WordPress posts.
What are Tags?
Tags are keywords or phrases that you assign to your WordPress posts. They provide a way to group and classify your content based on specific topics or themes. Unlike categories, which are hierarchical, tags are non-hierarchical and allow for more flexibility in organizing your posts.
How to Add Tags to Your WordPress Posts
Adding tags to your WordPress posts is easy. Simply follow these steps:
- Open the post editor and locate the ‘Tags’ section on the right-hand side.
- Enter the desired tags in the input field, separating each tag with a comma.
- Click the ‘Add’ button to add the tags to your post.
Best Practices for Using Tags
Here are some best practices to keep in mind when using tags:
- Use relevant and specific tags that accurately describe the content of your post.
- Avoid using too many tags. Stick to a few important ones to keep your post organized.
- Consider using popular tags that are commonly searched for by users.
By following these guidelines, you can effectively use tags to improve the discoverability and organization of your WordPress posts.