Great news! Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center internships 2023 are currently accepting applications for summer session. All international students from all over the world are eligible to apply for the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center internships. There is a variety of internship opportunities available at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center for undergraduate and graduate students. The internship will last between 10 and 15 weeks. Every semester, APAC offers modest internship stipends.
Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships 2023-2024
A great museum in the 21st century is more than a building, according to the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center. The programs engage communities in a surprising and innovative way, transcending boundaries and barriers to engage them in an innovative way. The Asian Pacific American Museum is a migratory museum that brings history, arts, and cultures of the Asian Pacific to you in innovative museum experiences that take place across the United States as well as online.
The internship program offers interns the opportunity to develop research skills, discover career paths, meet potential employers, and contribute their own talents to various projects that support the mission of APAC, as well as develop a variety of skills.
The Center’s goal is to redefine and expand the traditional museum model in order to provide public spaces for civic engagement, critical dialogue, and social justice. The Museum offers a variety of public programs, including its signature series Culture Labs, through which visitors may inquire, discover, and learn directly with artists, scholars, and cultural practitioners. The museum engages with the public through events recognizing art and culture as vehicles by which they can be brought together to create a new paradigm for museum experiences.
- Country of Internship: USA
- Institution: Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center
- Internship Focused Areas: All majors
- Internship Period: Internships usually last anywhere between 10-15 weeks.
- Last Date to Apply: Spring 2022 (January-May): No later than November 19, 2021 Summer 2022 (June-August): No later than March 13, 2022 Fall 2022 (September-December): No later than June 17, 2022
Financial Benefits of Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships
There are the following benefits associated with Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center internships:
- The APAC region offers modest stipends for interns each semester – funding is limited and applications are highly competitive.
- Academic credit may also be awarded to interns by their universities.
- Applicants are encouraged to explore scholarship opportunities that support internships at their respective universities.
Read About: American University of Beirut Scholarship 2023
Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center internship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be proficient in the English language.
- The program is open to all countries in the world.
- Students currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs, as well as recent graduates.
How To Apply
To apply for internships at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center, please follow the instructions below:
1- You should make sure that all of the following documents are available:
- Please provide a cover letter of no more than two pages addressing the following:
- What makes you want to become an intern at APAC?
- The internship will provide you with the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills.
- An unofficial transcript of grades from all higher education institutions attended.
- Applicants should submit their resumes including relevant experience, including any technical proficiency in social media platforms, coding languages, and programs such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Please provide two letters of recommendation addressing the following: Academic ability, Professionalism, Flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- A sample of relevant work
2- Apply through the Smithsonian’s SOLAA portal by submitting the following materials.
3- The Asian Pacific American Center Internship Program can be accessed by following the instructions in the lefthand navigation bar once you have accessed SOLAA.
- Note: Please send any questions or concerns to the following email address: APAC@si.edu
- To Apply, Please Visit the Official Website of the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center internships 2023.
Last Date To Apply
The last date to apply for the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center internships depends on the chosen study program.
Spring 2022 (January-May): No later than November 19, 2021
Summer 2022 (June-August): No later than March 13, 2022
Fall 2022 (September-December): No later than June 17, 2022