Exceptional opportunity! Applications for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship in UK 2022 now open for competitive students from around the world. This fully-funded UK scholarship offers students a golden opportunity to pursue their higher studies for free in the UK. Students who are interested in earning a Master’s Degree in the United Kingdom are strongly encouraged to apply. The Commonwealth Scholarship is available for international students in the least developed and lowers middle income Commonwealth countries. The scholarship will be available for academic sessions 2022-23.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships (CSS) are scholarship programs supported by the UK Government that partner with UK universities. Certainly, the scholarship will offer the candidates a pathway to a world filled with opportunities and successful careers. Commonwealth Scholarships or Fellowships have been awarded to more than 30,000 individuals, 28500 of whom were funded by the United Kingdom through the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC).
The Commonwealth Services Commission has the primary objective of promoting the vision of the UK Government to sustain the commitment of development towards commonwealth nations. Hence, the International Scholarship Program is established to attract the world’s top minds to the UK’s universities, thereby ensuring the development and prosperity of nations while also safeguarding UK national interests. Commonwealth Scholarship Commission is a British government agency funded by UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
Scholarships will be awarded in all academic fields and majors for graduate studies. Master Scholarships will last for one year. Scholarships and Fellowships under the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) are among the most prestigious international scholarship programs in the world. The Commonwealth Scholarships have now been taken up by 27,800 people. Approximately 700 Commonwealth citizens each year are awarded scholarship and fellowship funds to pursue postgraduate study and professional development. More information on the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship in the United Kingdom in 2022 is provided below.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships in UK 2022 Details
- Country: United Kingdom
- Degree Level: Masters Degree
- Provided By: Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Nationality: Commonwealth Countries
- Deadline: 20th December 2021
Financial Benefits of Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2022 will pay for the following costs:
- Approved round-trip airfare to and from your home country and return at the end of the award.
- Tuition fees approved in full.
- Monthly Stipend (living allowance) of £1,133 per month for students at universities in the London metropolitan area, or £1,390 per month (rates based on 2021-2022 levels)
- Allowance for warm clothing where applicable
- Thesis grants are used to finance the preparation of thesis or dissertation work, where applicable
- Travel grants that cover the costs of studying across the UK or abroad.
- Excess luggage allowances.
- There will also be an allowance for a widowed, divorced, or single parent with a child.
Read About: Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022
Schemes Offered by Commonwealth
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are available in six areas of development:
- Strengthening Health Systems and Capacity
- Promoting Global Prosperity
- Science & Technology for Development
- Access, Inclusion & Opportunity
- Strengthening Resilience and Response to Crises
- Strengthening Global Peace, Security and Governance
Available Study Courses
For a complete list of qualifying courses, Visit the CSC website.
- I India
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
Eligibility Criteria of Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022
To be considered for one of these scholarships, you must:
- Applicants must be citizens of an eligible Commonwealth country, or be granted refugee status by such a country, or be British protected persons.
- Applicants must be residents of one of the above countries.
- You must have the ability to start your university studies in the UK in September 2022.
- The Commonwealth UK Scholarship is open to students who have finished a four-year bachelor’s degree or a two-year bachelor’s degree and a two-year master’s degree.
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors’ quality by September 2022, or a second class degree (2:2) with applicable postgraduate certification (Master’s degree) by September 2022.
- Not having spent at least one year (academic) studying or working in a high-income nation.
- Applicant without this scholarship would not be able to afford to study in the United Kingdom.
Criteria for Selection
The following selection criteria will be used to evaluate applications:
- The candidate’s academic merit
- The study’s possible influence on the candidate’s native country’s development
How To Apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022
You must apply online, for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2022. The application process is conducted entirely online. To Apply, Please visit the official website of the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship UK 2022.
The last date to apply for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship in UK 2022 is 20th December 2021.