ASEAN-India Science & Technology Collaboration is sponsoring ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowships (AI-RTF) for the academic year 2022-2023 to encourage and promote cooperation between the two countries in science, technology, and innovation.
ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowships in India 2023
The fellowship will be awarded for a period of between two and six months. ASEAN’s member countries have the opportunity to participate in a research and academic program designed to attract young scientists and researchers to Indian academic and R&D institutions. As part of the award, the students will be given full reimbursement for all their expenses, starting from airfares, allowances, research contingencies, airport transfers, domestic travel for attending scientific and educational events and field trips, as well as institutional overhead costs.
It is the Ministry of External Affairs of the Government of India that is responsible for implementing and executing the Indian foreign policy. In the emerging scenario of a competitive economy and a rapidly changing society, the Department of Science and Technology has become one of the most powerful tools for growth and development.
In 1996, the ASEAN-India Science and Technology Working Group (AIWGST) was established as a formal vehicle for collaboration between the two countries. The organization facilitates and implements several scientific activities and projects, including a thematic workshop/technology mission, a conference on functional food, renewable energy, marine biotechnology, a training program in quality systems for manufacturing, and so on. More information about the ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowships in India 2023 is available below.
- Country: India
- University or Organization: Government of India, Ministry of External Affairs, Department of Science & Technology – ASEAN-India Science, Technology & Innovation Cooperation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Education costs
- Number of Awards: 50
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
Financial Benefits of ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowships 2023
Following are the benefits that will be awarded to the winning fellows:
- The applicant must provide proof of round trip international airfare by the lowest economy class and by the shortest route from the international airport in his or her country of origin to the international airport near the host institution in India as well as appropriate visa fees, overseas medical insurance, etc.
- Approximately 60,000 Indian Rupees (INR) per month would be the consolidated Fellowship amount per month
- There will be a one-time grant of INR 40,000/- available for research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel to attend scientific/events, as well as field trips within India as part of the research grant.
- Institutional overheads are charged at a monthly rate of Rs. 2,500/-
Read About: Berea College Scholarship in USA 2023-24
- Eligible Countries: The program is open to students from ASEAN member states.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake research studies in Agricultural Sciences, Biological, and Medical Sciences, Chemical Sciences & Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Physical Sciences and Mathematics, Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Materials, Minerals, and Metallurgy, Science Policy / IPR Management / Technology Transfer & Commercialization, and other multi-disciplinary areas of Science, Technology, and Innovation in alignment with APASTI at any Indian research/ academic Institution.
- Eligibility Criteria: The applicants must meet all of the following/given criteria in order to be eligible:
- Applicants must be citizens of any of the ASEAN member countries.
How To Apply
- How to Apply: The online application portal is available for submission of applications. The application will be considered automatically for all eligible candidates.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents must be presented to the university by the students:
- of the applicant
- of the Indian host
- Please provide a copy of the relevant pages of your passport
- Please provide a copy of the employer’s endorsement letter
- You must provide a copy of the acceptance letter from any Indian scientist/organization for hosting the applicant
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should possess at least a master’s degree in any natural science field or an equivalent degree in any of the following fields: technology, engineering, medicine, or other related fields.
- Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in the English language.
- To Apply, Please visit the Official Website of the ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowships in India 2023.
Last Date To Apply
The last date to apply for the the ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowships in India 2023 is October 30th 2022.